Whether you are a collector of original art or like to showcase your own photographs, displaying artwork is a great way to spruce up your walls, show off your personality, and create a flow of colour in your home decor.
Here are a few easy tips for Using Artwork In Your Home Decor:
- Hang It Low – When hanging artwork, make sure to position it so the centre is at eye level. If hanging it over furniture such as a sofa or table, the bottom of the frame or canvas should be only 8-16 inches above your piece of furniture.
- Set The Mood – As with all things, the colours in your artwork will set the mood in your room. Use soft neutrals for a calming effect and bright colours for a lively, cheerful mood.
- Placement – When deciding where to hang your artwork, look around the room as you enter it and see where your eye lands first. This will determine your focal point and the best place to hang your art to create the most impact.
- Spread The Love – Hang artwork in every room of your home (yes, even the bathroom). There’s nothing more depressing than a blank wall. Wall art is a perfect finishing element that helps pull a space together and make it feel complete.
- Mix Things Up – For a striking display, mix different scaled pieces together. Plan your layout on the floor in front of your wall first and play around with the arrangement until you achieve the visually balanced look you want.
KEEP CALM AND ART ON – Using artwork in your home decor doesn’t have to be an expensive venture. The most important thing is to buy and display what you love and surround yourself with pieces that will provide you and your guests with great pleasure on a daily basis.
Article Written By: Beatrice Espinola
Design Consultant At Decorium