Cleaning Stone Products
Cast Marble (cultured marble)
Our products with stone includes tabletops of cultured marble. This finish is smooth and shiny. Any cleaning should be handled the same as the automotive finish on your car. Cleaning should be done with simple soap and water and a soft cloth or sponge.
Application of a high grade automotive paste wax forms a barrier coating that will both increase the luster and make the product easier to clean by making it more difficult for dirt and grime to adhere to the surface.
• Wash with a soft cloth and a mixture of a mild detergent and warm water.
• Rinse with warm water and wipe dry with a clean, soft cloth.
• Rinse the tabletop with warm water to remove surface dirt and wipe dry with a clean, soft cloth for routine maintenance.
Cleaning acid-based liquids, such as coffee, wine, and fruit juice
• Wipe up immediately using a clean, soft cloth.
• The longer a spill remains, the more difficult it will be to remove and may stain.
Do not use abrasive, acid, alcohol-based, or solvent-based cleaners, they will damage the surface.
With all of the gel-coated products…
Minor scratches, burns, and stains can be either:
Buffed out: Medium Automotive Buffing compound; buffed out: Coarse then Medium Automotive Buffing compound; block
Sanded: 800 grit then Medium Automotive Buffing compound. We recommend you use a professional marble cleaning service for this process. No warranty is implied since results may vary.
Natural marble stone
• Clean stone surfaces with a few drops of non-acidic soap scum remover, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent.
• Frequent or over-use of soap scum remover could result in dulling the surface of the stone.
• Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing
• Too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks.
• Do blot up spills immediately
• Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar or other acid content may etch the surface
• Do not use abrasive cleaner such as dry cleaners or soft cleansers.
• Do not use cleaners that contain acids such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tile cleaners.
• Do not mix bleach and ammonia, this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas. spills and stains
• Blot the spill with a paper towel immediately. Don’t wipe the area, this will spread the spill. Flush the area with mild soapy water and rinse several times. Dry the area thoroughly with a soft cloth. Repeat as necessary.