As a Design Consultant at Decorium, I help clients with decorating projects large and small. Some simply want advice on the right accent piece and that’s easy. But when a client approaches me and tells me they need to furnish the entire home and they don’t know where to start, the answer’s the same: “Don’t panic! I can help you.”
Engaging the help of a designer is a fantastic way to bounce around ideas for your space. You have an idea what you want and we can help bring your idea to life.
Here’s how the process works:
• We meet at the store – you bring any floorplans, paint colours and/or pictures of what you like
• We explore the showroom, refining your style, zeroing in on the look and selecting pieces
• We meet at your home where I take accurate measurements
• We photograph the space as it is now
• We photograph the furniture and decor you want to maintain in the space
There are many factors that contribute to the various decorating solutions:
• your taste and style
• usage needs for each space
• the project budget
Once you’ve made a decision on the overall concept, we begin to turn the inspiration into reality:
• You decide which rooms you want ready first, then we complete one room at a time from top to bottom.
• I sketch the rooms with variable configurations
• We select main pieces for each room, as well as fabrics and colours, then accessorize once the furniture is in place
Ultimately, when helping to redesign a space, it’s important to build a comfortable working relationship with the client. When we start from a place of trust, I can help create a unique and personalized design expression within your home. Together, we can have a lot of fun and create a home that you can be proud to showcase.
By Adriana Glait, Design Consultant at Decorium