Combining patterns in your home’s decor is fun and can lead to interesting and fresh interiors.
To make it easy, there are some rules that you can follow to keep your space from looking too busy and overwhelming:
- Keep your background or main furniture pieces neutral – this will provide balance and an area for the eyes to rest.
- Choose your main colour pallette for the room and introduce varying patterns repeated in those colours.
- Choose colours that work well together such as turquiose, blue, and green.
- Try sticking to 3 different patterns in varying scales to begin with, such as narrow stripes, midsize geometrics, and bold florals.
- Look beyond just fabrics to introduce patterns, such as a bold patterned wallpaper or area rug.
Yes, the idea of mixing patterns can seem like a challenging project, but it can also be lots of fun! It’s a great way to express your creativity and will add an effortlessly stylish look to any room in your home!
Article Written By: Beatrice Espinola
Design Specialist at Decorium