With everything that’s happening around us at this moment, all the things we used to do outside, such as work, eat, and play, we’re now having – and choosing – to do inside our homes. That’s why it’s become increasingly important for all of us to create a home that’s comforting and ‘Homey’.
Here are some tips to help you make your home a place you love spending time in:
- Personalize your home by adding collectables from past travels and create a gallery wall to display your favourite family photos.
- Have a welcoming doormat or bench at your entrance to greet you and your guests.
- Add texture and colour with tons of throws and toss pillows scattered on sofas, chairs, and even on your bed.
- Brighten your walls with artwork.
- Cushion your floors with area rugs that look and feel cozy.
- Incorporate a variety of different lighting fixtures such as table lamps, floor lamps, and chandeliers.
- Use bookcases and shelves to display all your treasures and to hide any clutter.
- Bring the outside with natural or artificial plants for a touch of greenery.
- Use pouffs or ottomans for extra seating.
Although the idea of what makes a home feel ‘Homey’ can mean different things to each one of us, it’s all about adding personal touches and decorative elements that will make your home enjoyable and inviting to both you and your guests.
September 25th, 2020
Written By Beatrice Espinola
Design Specialist at Decorium