Although it may not feel like it, with the unseasonably warm weather we’re experiencing, the Fall season has officially arrived!! and boy am I excited! It’s my absolute favourite season of the year and my imagination is going into overdrive with wonderful ideas for changing up my own home decor.
Much like last year, the major hits for Fall 2019 are animal images, florals, large cable knit throws, and of course plaid.
Additionally, here are some new Fall Home Decor Trends which are showing up everywhere:
- Natural wood: Lighter finishes like clear coat and light wash on wood furniture and floors.
- Wallpaper: Find a wallpaper you love with a big bold print or tone-on-tone texture and use it on every wall to elevate your space as a ‘whole’ and make it uniquely yours.
- Mix it up: Don’t be afraid to mix-and-match large furniture pieces such as sofas, loveseats, and ottomans in different styles, colours, and materials like fabric and leather. This is a chic way to show your personal style.
- Style Trend: Mid-Century Modern/Art-Deco, with it’s clean lines, glamorous materials, and bold patterns, is definitely on the rise this season.
- Muted Shades: Earth tones are always a fall go-to, but this year they are appearing in cooler, toned-down hues. Lilac, rose, and mustard yellows are also a big hit, if you like to think outside the box.
So, regardless of your budget, making just a few small (or large) changes using some of these Fall Home Decor Trends can help you transform your home and welcome in the new season in style!
Article Written By: Beatrice Espinola
Design Specialist at Decorium