With fall upon us, many of us need to cozy up our bedrooms for the upcoming cold months. During fall and winter it is common to spend a greater amount of time wrapped up in the warmth and comfort of your master bedroom. Here are 5 ideas to create a cozy and comfortable master bedroom this fall.
1. Warm & Rich Colours – choose a colour pallet that will make you instantly feel welcome and cozy. Colors are one of your best ways to generate a mood. Warmer tones, like reds, golds, light browns and oranges are a good way to turn up the heat.
2. Upholstered Pieces – Nothing says “snuggle in” more than an upholstered, maybe even tufted, bed. Even a beautifully upholstered side chair or bench will add a level of softness to the room.
3. Texture – Texture can do more add to the décor of the room, they add to the overall message and feeling the room gives off. Textures create the kind of cozy environment that will make you want to kick off your shoes and snuggle up with your significant other. Woven furniture and rugs add depth to the room. A quilted blanket mixed with buttery leathers and soft linens entice the eye.
4. Faux Fur – What better way to welcome the season of hibernation than fur, even faux? A faux fur throw or blanket is soft to the touch and is perfect to not only add to a room but to welcome you into a warm embrace.
5. Romantic Lighting – an important aspect to any cozy feeling room is the lighting. To add a romantic glow to your master bedroom use an assortment of lighting fixtures such as, lamps, sconces and romantic chandelier. To add warmth to the room, be sure to use bulbs that give off a yellowish or even pink glow
Design advice by Marta Wojtal, Decorium