When all of a sudden out of nowhere, movies like “The Grinch” start showing up in theatres or on TV, it’s a sure sign that it’s time to deck the halls…and all the other rooms in your home… with dazzling holiday decor!
Whether you prefer a minimalist look or, if you’re like me and like to go all out with holiday decorations, here are a few Holiday Decorating Trends to look for this year:
– Move away from the standard red, green, and white colour scheme and introduce this years major hit of pastels such as yellow, blue, pink, and green.
– Slim, sparse trees are great for a modern, sleek look. Especially when decorating with neutral coloured ornaments such as white, silver, and gold.
– For a soft, rustic look; which creates an ‘outdoorsy’ countryside feel, we’re mad for plaid! Especially for stockings, throws, and toss pillows.
– Pillar candles, in all sizes and colours, are always a sure fire way to make your home feel warm and inviting.
– Flowers have made a big splash in textiles this year and are now trending as decorations for your tree, wreaths, and garland.
– Chunky knits have taken this season by storm and this year are being used everywhere from toss pillows, throws, and even as a tree skirt.
– Wooden place chargers on your holiday dining table are a creative, fun way to bring the outdoors in.
Decorating your home for the holidays can be a lot of work, and sometimes it seems like it goes by so fast – just as you’ve finished putting them all up, it’s time to take them down again – but it’s also a lot of fun! So go ahead, unleash your creativity and show your friends and family that you Ain’t No ‘Grinch’ !!
Article Written By: Beatrice Espinola
Design Consultant at Decorium