Using Black and White can create a stunning and dramatic effect on your décor, and are a perfect colour combination for any decorating style.
Although the options for using Black and White in decorating are endless, it does require balance and thought to make it look striking.
To help you achieve the desired effect, here are some tips and ideas to consider:
- Choose the crispest Blacks and Whites for optimum contrast
- Black and White in accessories, light fixtures, trims, walls, rugs, or in one large piece of furniture, helps catch the eye and sharpen the visual image of the room
- For a ‘Contemporary’ look, combine Black and White with sleek metals such as chrome and gold
- For a ‘Cottage’ or ‘Rustic’ look, combine Black and White with bronze-ish metals, black iron, or natural woods. You can also add small touches of muted tones of colours such as yellow, pink, purple, camel, or soft greens – Keeping Black and White the predominate colour combination.
- When shopping for fabrics, look for striking patterns or prints in Black and White
- Don’t feel obligated to paint all walls the same. Choose a focal wall and paint it Black, keeping all other walls a crisp white. Painting your walls a warm Grey will make your room feel classy and sophisticated when paired with Black and White furniture and accessories
- Afraid to use White and Black throughout your entire home? A small room, such as a powder or small bathroom can be a great place to start. Pair a Black marble counter-top with crisp White bathroom fixtures. Add warmth and texture with gold fixtures and plush White terry towels.
There’s no doubt, whether you choose to use Black and White as your main decorating theme or in touches throughout your room, this dynamic combination gives a fresh, clean and undeniably sophisticated and elegant look to any home. GORGEOUS!!!
Article Written by: Beatrice Espinola
Design Consultant at Decorium on Yonge