Well, it’s that time of year again and we’re all feeling it. Jack-Frost is knocking at our windows, which means it’s time to shift our home decor to a more comfy-cozy ‘Winter Look’.
Here are a few easy and inexpensive ideas to help warm up your home’s decor with this year’s hottest winter trends:
– Metals: Swap up the cooler chrome and steel vibe in your home by introducing touches of warm gold and brass metal finishes in items such as lamps, frames, and trays.
– Accessories: As always, faux fur is still a favourite go-to for accessories such as throws, pillows, and ottomans. But this year, another hot trend is woollen chunky knits, velvets, and rustic country linens.
– Area Rugs: Don’t forget your floors! Natural or faux hyde rugs are a favourite for creating a natural/woodland look in any room, while faded rugs in jewel-toned Indian and Oriental prints are great for adding colour, texture, and pattern.
– Lighting: Create ambiance in any room with the look of flickering candles, while keeping it safe, by adding flameless candles in varying shapes, sizes, and colours.
– Patterns: This year, from the owl to the hare, all types of woodland creatures are the hottest trend for showcasing on toss pillows, decorative bedding, and even dinnerware.
Let’s face it, Winter can be one of our longest seasons of the year, but you don’t have to let the winter-blues get you down. With all of this year’s fabulous decor ideas and trends, it’s an exciting and perfect excuse to GO SHOPPING!!!
Article Written By: Beatrice Espinola
Design consultant at Decorium